AWTT for Students
At AWTT we believe that inspired citizens of any age can make the world a better place. It is essential that young people become leaders who help to shape a positive future for our communities.
Here are a few of the young people who have been included in the AWTT series and who made significant differences in their communities while they were young: Samantha Smith, Emma Tenayuca, Claudette Colvin, Barbara Johns, LeAlan Jones and Tim Dechristopher.
We invite students to explore the portraits, read the quotes, and study the biographies and resources available on this site. Hopefully, they will inspire you to think of ways to make your schools and communities safer, more equitable, and more hopeful.
The multitude of problems in the world can be overwhelming and discouraging. The best antidote to these feelings is to engage a single issue and work with other people to make something better. Civic engagement and collaboration is where we can find hope in our communities.
Bring AWTT to your school
- Israel - Palestine Conflict — Books by Alice Rothchild
- Israel - Palestine Conflict — Alice Rothchild's Website
- Israel - Palestine Conflict — Voices Across the Divide Documentary Trailer and Website
- War and Peace, Conspiracy Against the Government — Brief Video with an Appearance by Smedley Butler
- War and Peace, Business and War — Smedley Butler Worksheet for Grades 7 to 11