Teacher Tool: Getting Acquainted with AWTT
Getting Acquainted with AWTT
The following is a set of background information that will help prepare you to teach the AWTT Portraits, Resources and Educational Materials. If you have questions or concerns, please see the AWTT Education FAQ page or contact the education staff.
- Read About the AWTT organization, its mission and history.
- Read the Artist's Bio and Statement´s from both 2004 and 2012.
- Preview this video of an interview with Robert Shetterly. The video is also appropriate for older students.
- Read the Teaching Guide to the AWTT Portraits and Resources, to begin to understand all the elements and resources available to educators on this website.
- Use the AWTT Units of Study and Lesson Plans. Feel free to adapt them to meet your classroom and organizational style and needs. (Coming soon!)
- Become familiar with the Portrait Study Cyle before you introduce the portraits to your students. (Coming Soon!)